- This topic is empty.
13 June 2019 at 10h19 #2337Laure ElkriefParticipant
I am happy to invite you to participate to our new VALDIG study, entitled « surgery in patients with extra-hepatic portal vein obstruction ».
Briefly, this is the synopsis of the study:
Type of study
Multicenter retrospective cas-control study
Coordinator: Laure Elkrief (email@example.com)
Evaluate the morbidity and mortality after surgery in patients with EHPVO (extrahepatic portal vein obstruction)
Patients with EHPVO who had one of the following interventions:
– Abdominal surgery (including abdominal wall surgery)
– urologic surgery (except testicle surgery and endoscopic surgery)
– vascular surgery (except endovascular route)
– gynecologic and obstetrical surgery (including cesarean delivery) (except endovaginal surgery)
EHPVO should be diagnosed prior to, or at the time of abdominal surgery.
– EHPVO complicating cirrhosis
– EHPVO complicating portosinusoidal vascular liver disease
– Isolated splenic and/or mesenteric vein thrombosis without involvement of the main portal vein
– Budd-Chiari / hepatic venous outflow obstruction
– Vascular invasion by a tumor
– Severe comorbidity with estimated life expectancy <6 months
Each patient with EHPVO will be matched to 2 control patients according to
– surgical intervention
– center (+/- 2 years before/after the case).
– age (+/- 10 years)
– ASA class
Dedicated paper CRF (one per patient)
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have identified any patients and/or if you need any further details.
I thank you in advance for your collaboration.
You will receive soon the full project as well as the CRF template.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.