Dear Antonio, dear friends,
Happy new year to the VALDIG group.
I agree that revising TIPS, including pressure measurement in the portal trunk, would be very useful. This thrombosis of portal trunk is surprising and desserves investigations.
Anticoagulation will likely be useful to avoid extension of thrombosis, particularly if thrombosis of the portal trunk and of splenic vein are recent.
I would be very cautious with splenectomy given the bad results the VALDIG group reported in Hepatology: PMID: 30924941
I would really favor -as mentioned above- splenic vein recanalization since it would likely be -if feasible- a good option.
- Joint Webinar: Liver Transplantation and Vascular Liver Disorders – 3th October 2023
- Minutes of VALDIG general assembly meeting June 23 2023
- Minutes of VALDIG general assembly meeting July 5 2022
- VALDIG-EASL-ERN Webinar 14th June 2022 – 17h CEST
- Webinar chaired by Andrea Mancuso on portal vein thrombosis in cirrhosis
No comments to show.