Please provide the images of pancreas to further identify the presence of pancreatic disease related portal hypertension.
There is some evidence regarding anticoagulation for splenic vein thrombosis, but controversy remains.
Additionally, as mentioned by you, there is some case series evidence regarding stent for splenic vein thrombosis.
Endoscopic treatment with cyanoacrylate should be cautious. Occlusion of gastric varices will further increase the pressure of local left portal hypertension secondary to splenic vein thrombosis. Risk of recurrence of gastric variceal bleeding is high.
- Joint Webinar: Liver Transplantation and Vascular Liver Disorders – 3th October 2023
- Minutes of VALDIG general assembly meeting June 23 2023
- Minutes of VALDIG general assembly meeting July 5 2022
- VALDIG-EASL-ERN Webinar 14th June 2022 – 17h CEST
- Webinar chaired by Andrea Mancuso on portal vein thrombosis in cirrhosis
No comments to show.