I think there is enough evidence to show that anticoagulation is safe in patients with thrombocytopenia and liver disease (mostly cirrhosis but I do not see why this should be different in your patient).
We would continue her on anticoagulation, either warfarin, LMWH, or DOAK’s (here you should not be too aggressive with the dose). I would not worry about bleeding complications, even if she would have varices. My main concern also would be the risk to develop progressive thrombosis of the splanchnic venous bed.
- Joint Webinar: Liver Transplantation and Vascular Liver Disorders – 3th October 2023
- Minutes of VALDIG general assembly meeting June 23 2023
- Minutes of VALDIG general assembly meeting July 5 2022
- VALDIG-EASL-ERN Webinar 14th June 2022 – 17h CEST
- Webinar chaired by Andrea Mancuso on portal vein thrombosis in cirrhosis
No comments to show.